Calcium Chloride Pellets are a cost-effective, versatile, all-in-one melting solution for preventing hazardous situations. It effectively melts snow and ice on nearly any surface including driveways, walkways, and stairs—and when applied correctly, CR-9000 will not damage landscaping or leave destructive white residue that can be tracked indoors.
• Generates its own heat to melt ice and snow immediately
• Works 20-30 times faster than salt
• Works at -25°F where rock salt does not work at temperatures below 25°F
• Remains active to melt oncoming snow
• Leaves no white residue to be tracked into buildings, stain shoes, etc.
• Will not pit or etch concrete
• Will not harm grass or shrubbery when applied properly
• Sprinkle lightly and evenly over the surface to be treated. Thawing begins immediately
• 2 lbs. will treat approximately 200 sq. ft.
• Use caution to remove slush and water as soon as ice is melted to avoid refreezing. Refreezing and thawing cycle by natural causes can damage concrete.
• Excessive use on concrete of questionable quality may cause scaling and flaking
• Particular care when using adjacent to grass and shrubbery. Excessive application may cause browning.
• BG-530 is effective at -25°F—standard rock salt does not melt snow or ice at temperatures below 25°F